Sunday 24 June 2012

Excuses etc

Hello everyone.

Apologies for the massive lack of bloggery recently - as previously observed, I've been having a horrible time with my laptop.
It's a bit ancient, I think, which does't help, but it's been really buggy recently - I've done at least two clean installs of the OS and more repairs etc than I can quantify.
It seems to have done the trick for the time being (still odd but working, at least), so, fingers crossed, I should be able to go back to sharing my every scintillating meal with you again - no, no - don't thank me...

I've lost a load of recent photos, so I'll not bore you with a massive catch up, but here's a wee taste of what's been going on here recently.

Eggs and asparagus with a kind of romesco sauce - I really love the peppery, nutty, olive oily romesco thing. I'm sure mine is very inauthentic, but it tastes lovely - I'm a bit obsessed at the moment.



Pork mince (again - we've had a lot of this recently, in a variety of formats - makes a change from the usual beef) with amazing garlicky mushrooms and more asparagus (have to make the most of it while we can).


This was whole lot more delicious than it looked - gratinated chard-and-other-cabbagey-stuff and slightly breaded haddock.
Really really good, despite horror of photo.


Aperol spritz at the RAH yesterday. I know I'm a bit late to this party, but yum - delicious. I need more of these in my life.
Possibly in non plastic glasses.


And finally - last night's tea. Stir fried pork fillet, made not by me, but by husband, so tasting twice as good. He has decided that it's time to reinstitute his Weekly Cooking Day.
I am very happy about this!


No comments:

Post a Comment