Wednesday, 28 November 2012

The Cheesecake of Wanton Excess and Other Stories

I was bribed/cajoled into making this monstrosity for my workmates in exchange for some handy work-type things...

Here it is...




And here's the inside (messy - I only had a very tiny knife)




And the slice.




Ridiculous, no?

I now have a fridge full of leftover Italian meringue - maybe tunnocks type teacakes again? Or something else - ideas welcomed warmly :)

On a slightly less fatty/sugary/bonkers note, here's what I had for tea last night - fried mushrooms and garlic with eggs and a teeny bit of Stilton...




Here's what I ate at the rather splendid Ciao Bella on Sunday evening...







And here is a selection of crazy cheeseness from ForzaWinter on Saturday evening (v fun - you must all go while you still can).












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Christ on a pogo stick now THAT is a cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one good looking cheesecake, sister!

    I always forget the difference between French and Italian meringue when I'm whippin' up a few macarons for my buddies. So I came up with this little rhyme to help me remember:

    To make meringue from ITALY
    a SUGAR SYRUP there must be
    but if this step you do neglect
    then FRENCH meringue you should expect.

    Hope it helps ya! Love Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cheesecake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete