Saturday 16 July 2011

Back and Bakin'

Greetings, Loyal Readers (if, indeed, such people exist)...

For various reasons (and unreasons) I clearly haven't written anything here for AGES!
This is, at least partially, the fault of stupid iPhone, which is misbehaving badly at the moment - we have a so called Genius Bar appointment for tomorrow, so, fingers crossed, it will get sorted soon...

In the meantime, some baking...

A couple of days ago, I made birthday macarons (from the lovely Macarons book that I was lucky enough to win from Anne's Kitchen 's beautiful blog).

I usually make macarons using the Italian meringue method (faffy, but much easier and more consistent results), but these were French method recipes, so I thought I'd give it another go, and they actually turned out pretty well.
Not as attractive as the Italian ones, possibly, but properly melt in the mouth texture.
I might be a convert. Too early to say yet ;-)

So - here they are.
I'll do a better job with colourings etc next time, now that I properly have the hang of the method, but, that aside, I think they look ok.


Blueberry and mascarpone


Raspberry and white chocolate ganache


Lemon filled with (not quite enough) lemon curd

And, of course, the ubiquitous salted caramel

No comments:

Post a Comment