Sunday 13 February 2011

Not Really Sunday Tea

Because I have two lovely days off at the beginning of the coming week :-)

Roasted quails with ribbony salad and lime, garlic & chilli dressing.

I love quails. Not only are they super-mini (correct me if I'm wrong, but I honestly can't think of anything that doesn't taste better in miniature format*) but they are also really delicious in their own right - sweeter than chicken, but much lighter than pigeon or similar.
I'd normally bone them for ease of eating, but I was feeling lazy today, so just browned them in butter and stuck them in the oven for ten minutes. It's sometimes quite fun to eat in the messy manner of a predatory animal in any case ;-)

Yummy!





* The same often applies to giant food.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog because of the Forman and Field thang. I love quail too (and quail eggs, dipped in dukkha) but I do have an exception to the miniature rule - sweetcorn. Baby sweetcorn tastes like soap, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Nicky My love of tiny things even extends to baby sweetcorn. A little like soap, I agree, but so scrunchy. And small :-)

    ReplyDelete