Wednesday 12 October 2011

Bonus Evening

I left work early today, as I had an appointment at 6.30. However, at about 6.27, I got a cancellation text, so I moseyed on home to take advantage of my Extra Bonus Hour :-)

When I got there, I discovered this parcel drop of loveliness from the nice people at Hubbub, who still had time to bring me tasty things in spite of the fact that they must all have been knackered after their lovely East London launch party last night...

So many good treats :-)




And just LOOK at the size of the bread! It's in a proper giant flour sack - I should have put something else in the picture for scale. It's insane. I am trying to decide where to hide it from husband so that it's not all gone (leaving him weeping in corner) by the morning.


We celebrated the haul by eating mussels and (slightly old, but still good) broccoli. Mopped up, naturally, with the bread.




And, just for something different, here is a bit of the caramel shortbread that I made last night (in the Twitter style of the Great British Bake Off, but less competently and competitively).










1 comment: