Friday 4 March 2011

Chicken Tonight

Or, more accurately, chicken last night...

I read a post from Lovely Laura at Ito Eats a few days ago about Japanese style chicken wings.
Her pictures looked so appetising that I determined to try it myself.

In fact, though, due to the usual what's-in-the-fridge-and-cupboard constraints, I totally bastardised her beautiful recipe.

So, with apologies to Laura - Japanese style sticky chicken thighs with mixed oriental leaf salad (which randomly, but conveniently arrived in my veg box this week) and an easy dressing including umami paste, which mde it a weird, but pleasant pink colour.


Actually turned out pretty yummily :-)
And was very well matched with out leftover wedding red, which, six months on, we still have a fairly shocking amount of.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad it turned out well. It looks yummy. Wine left over from a wedding? Shocking!

    ReplyDelete