Saturday 26 March 2011

Tofu and Trickery

Tonight, inspired by my mammoth Masterchef catchup session yesterday, I made Yotam Ottolenghi's black pepper tofu.
I've never been very good with tofu in the past, but thought I'd give it another try.
It was utterly delicious, even without the spring onions (which I accidentally used up earlier in the week and forgot to replace). The tofu was lovely and crispy, with a squishy soft centre and the sauce was really hot and tasty without burning (I guess that's the sugar).
I ate mine with carrot and radish salad (it's all getting a bit end of weekish in our fridge) and Husband also had rice and chicken drumsticks (he's a bit of a reluctant vegetarian - subterfuge is often required).
The picture doesn't really do it justice - I'll definitely be making this again :-)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment