... When life gives you muesli, make cookies...
Or something like that, anyway.
We've had a friend staying for a few days. It's been nice.
Her legacy has been the best part of a great big box of muesli, which we are very clearly never going to eat.
So, taking the advice of lovely Lisa Cookwitch, I have just transformed the bulk of it into cookies. Very cunning. Instant fruit, nuts and oatsy scrunch :-)
- 300g muesli
- 120g flour
- a splodge of baking powder
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g unsalted butter
- a big splodge of honey (maybe 4 tablespoons?)
- an egg
- Preheat oven to 180
- Mix up the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Melt the butter and honey together
- Beat the egg
- Add the egg and the butter mix to the bowl and mix well
- Put little spoonfuls of the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for about 12-15 mins
Et voila, cookies!
And then I skinned (harder than it looks, but at least I know how now) and grilled this fella.
And ate him (well, half of him, anyway) with garlicky spinach.