Monday 30 January 2012

Sunday Supper and the Weekend

Salmon with baby leek gratin and stirfried sprouts and shallots, which we ate alongside a delicious Mersault.



This weekend, I have also recycled all our leftover citrus fruits into marmalade,


made rhubarb jam (and eaten a lot of rhubarb),





and made blood orange curd...



There is also a rhubarb cake just out of the oven - might take it and test it on my workmates tomorrow...

I'll maybe blog some actual methods for some of these things at some stage if anyone is interested - I'm pretty pleased with the cake, at least.

I'm also planning some proper Seville marmalade over the next few days and I have some kumquats destined for candying.

I don't mind in the normal scheme of things, but sterilising all the stupid jars for this stuff is the one thing that makes me really yearn for a dishwasher.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment